Friday, June 5, 2015

A Freedom I Never Knew

I love him to the fullest and he absorbs it
He loves me and I overflow 
Together we are infinite
Apart he is my ocean 
Apart I am his sky
He vapors me kisses
I shower him with reflections of love
I want nothing
I am happy knowing he exists
He is real
My honesty
He is Understanding


I know I suck at poetry. I am just in Awe, of this beautiful person in my life. I think my whole life I've just been dating Assholes. I mean, I never asked for much, but my partners were always very demanding, and now I have this wonderful person... He listens to my stories, and his insight it so releasing. I have been feeling stuck my whole life because I had all this love to give and no one to truly receive it. Every day I spend with him I'm able to let go and give. For me, the root to my pursuit of happiness is the freedom to love. For other people life is about power/control, fame, Respect/Honor, the pursuit of Knowledge/Wisdom, all these things lead people to feel accomplished. These things are what we measure success by, and they are the keys to the roots of some peoples Happiness.
The funny thing about these things is that in order to master one, you must become knowledgeable in all the others. In order to do this, you have to be patient, with a willingness to learn, put yourself in other peoples shoes, learn from their walk of life. You have to be willing to face your fears, make decisions based on instinct, be willing to make mistakes and suffer the consequences. Otherwise how will you know -- that you're tried?
Well I spent my childhood watching my mother suffer, because my father didn't love her to the fullest. What made her stuck was being religious, following rules that only applied to her. My father certainly didn't feel that they applied to him. Among'st other things making her stuck; she put her self worth in others: she's always seeking the approval of others, and she undervalued herself, she never gave herself credit when credit was due. She was too humble. Worst of all she doesn't know how to love herself. You wont know how to truly treat someone until you know how to treat yourself. - That's the true meaning of the phrase: You must love yourself first, before you can love others.
I didn't want to repeat this mistake, in high school I dated without sex, for at least 3 relationships. After I started having sex, I would stay with my boyfriends for a minimum of 6 months, and up to 3 years. I've been married once, divorced, and engaged twice and proposed to 3 times, but one didn't have a ring, so I don't count that one, plus I think my answer was, "ehhh... that's.. not what I want?" Somewhere along those lines, during a time I had a strong opinion about myself. I have been in search of a god.
Ultimately this had to be someone I was proud to stand by, that I respected, admired, and was capable of returning those feelings. And on top of that, that man would earn my trust, love and devotion. Sadly every guy in my life has fallen short of most of these requirements, but I tried to make it work anyways, -that was always my mistake... I would fall into a pattern where I lowered my standards, because I allowed their negligence and disrespect, affect me. Losing my self worth, and settling for less than worthy of my love. Never underestimate what the power of love can do.
Now I have this wonderful person, he fits my criteria, and has yet to fall short. I can do anything as long as my love can flow through him. He loves me back and I feel so empowered. This is what love does for me. Since I have been with him my creativity has increased, my fear of being judged has greatly lowered, and job hunting isn't as stressful. I am no longer stuck. I have no limits, I am free.
because I am love.

No comments:

Post a Comment